Week 35 has been quite eventful:
- lunch dates/coffee dates with girlfriends
- a prenatal massage (albeit shorter than I had expected, still glorious)
- a date with me, myself & I fully embracing my season, including a new planner and stickers for 2017, browsing a used bookstore and finding books for baby
- pizza date with the husband
- live Jazz at a Jazz bar
- a buffet dinner with special basketball crew (first friends we made here in Korea)
- a hilarious Lamaze class
- another doctors appointment (from here on out, I go weekly!)
As we were scheduling our next appointment, the nurse told me the baby could come out anytime from now on and he would be A-okay! How crazy? Here I was thinking that even if he were early, he would be a 2017 baby but there's quite a possibility that he is born in 2016 if he decides to make an early appearance!
So you know how I've been griping about my weight gain? I was slightly reprimanded by the nurse at the hospital. She said I had gained quite a bit of weight in this past month and that I should just be careful this final month. (Even as I look back at my weekly photos, I see that in this past month, I have "popped"!) I went on to meet with my doctor and shared this with him. And you know what he said? He said, "이미 떠나간 기차입니다". Translation? "That ship has sailed!" And it made me laugh and actually relieved a lot of stress for me. He told me I shouldn't try to go out of my way to gain additional weight but that there's nothing I can really do about it now and that I'll lose the weight after giving birth.
I'm learning to take command over things I can control and let go of things I cannot control.