The other weekend, my FG (family group) girls and I got together to make fellowship food for church. Typically, I would've suggested we order pies and pies of pizza and called it a day but considering it was mother's day, we all felt inclined to put a little bit of effort and thought into the food for the week.
A little bit of effort turned into a whole lot of effort as we embarked on an EPIC six-hour journey of making egg salad for over 100 people! Here's the breakdown:
- 1 hour spent at Costco's
- 20 loaves of bread
- 180 eggs
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 bag of red onions (and a whole lot of tears)
- 1 jar of mayo
- 2 bottles of spicy mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 pots of boiling water running at any given time
- 1 showing of Linsanity
- 4 ladies in love with Jeremy Lin
- a spontaneous girls' night in, a sense of accomplishment and pride to say we fed our church = PRICELESS
Thank you to my girls for being troopers!